Daily Rant
Hey there everyone! I'm so happy to see people have started visiting my blog here! Because of that I'm trying to keep as fresh as possible so noone gets bored. I recently added a counter and now I have an idea of how many people visit. So, WELCOME everyone!
I also have a little place on My Space.com There I've begun posting just on general stuff and about me. I did post something yesterday Katrina related so I thought why not bring it over here?
So, without adue :
Feb. 26. 2006
I was .. well, its not shocking really it was just a little unnerving to say the least, but not surprising. Within the past few weeks a new debit card has appeared that is not the FEMA or Red Cross one. Supposedly it's from the Salvation Army. They are trying to help Hurricane victims. It's a humanitarian thing to do of course! I talked about it with two people today. The latter one gave me the phone number and whot not. She told me they were giving vouchers for furniture and stuff, along with the card.
Well, I really didn't loose much in the storm. I just need a bed actually. I've been sleeping on a twinsized air mattress. The point is, I'm not doing too bad. Not like some who have lost everything and only have what they took in a dufflebag or whatever. I'd consider, perhaps, looking into the furniture voucher thing, but I'm not sure yet. I really don't have any desire to take what is not mine, so I'm careful to judge if it's what I should do or not. However, this woman told me to call them and let them know I lost everything - of course I lost "everything" I was living in MidCity. Right? She said I could get a new livingroom set, refridgerator, stove, bedroom set everything! I watched her leave and thought, gosh, even the poor are capitolists. I told a friend who told me - now this is second hand so I can't verify it - that she had heard the people who took in evacuees were allowed to count them on their tax form. So, she heard a couple of people say they were going to claim 3 to 6 people. Supposedly they would get 1000 for each person. Can you imagine if that were true? Oy!
Is this not appauling? I find it so! It amazes me what people will try to get away with! I mean, not only is it criminal to misrepresent yourself and lie to Gov't, but it's just a sign of bad character. When I look at it, I've dealt with the same kind of people who were on food stamps and drive nice cars and keep their hair professionally done every week when I can't even afford a car - but I'm not poor enough to be on food stamps.
Don't get me wrong, I don't look for handouts. I'm for people actually being responsible for themselves and taking help when it's absolutely necessary. It's truly amazing. I also want to clarify, I don't begrudge anyone on foodstamps or who recieve some kind of help like that NOR do I think those people are ALL cheating the Gov't - but many are.
If anyone is interested you can read my personal blog at http://blog.myspace.com/rhemasjoy
and my space there with my profile and everything is at
http://www.myspace.com/rhemasjoy
Hope to meet some of you there! Thanks!
I also have a little place on My Space.com There I've begun posting just on general stuff and about me. I did post something yesterday Katrina related so I thought why not bring it over here?
So, without adue :
Feb. 26. 2006
I was .. well, its not shocking really it was just a little unnerving to say the least, but not surprising. Within the past few weeks a new debit card has appeared that is not the FEMA or Red Cross one. Supposedly it's from the Salvation Army. They are trying to help Hurricane victims. It's a humanitarian thing to do of course! I talked about it with two people today. The latter one gave me the phone number and whot not. She told me they were giving vouchers for furniture and stuff, along with the card.
Well, I really didn't loose much in the storm. I just need a bed actually. I've been sleeping on a twinsized air mattress. The point is, I'm not doing too bad. Not like some who have lost everything and only have what they took in a dufflebag or whatever. I'd consider, perhaps, looking into the furniture voucher thing, but I'm not sure yet. I really don't have any desire to take what is not mine, so I'm careful to judge if it's what I should do or not. However, this woman told me to call them and let them know I lost everything - of course I lost "everything" I was living in MidCity. Right? She said I could get a new livingroom set, refridgerator, stove, bedroom set everything! I watched her leave and thought, gosh, even the poor are capitolists. I told a friend who told me - now this is second hand so I can't verify it - that she had heard the people who took in evacuees were allowed to count them on their tax form. So, she heard a couple of people say they were going to claim 3 to 6 people. Supposedly they would get 1000 for each person. Can you imagine if that were true? Oy!
Is this not appauling? I find it so! It amazes me what people will try to get away with! I mean, not only is it criminal to misrepresent yourself and lie to Gov't, but it's just a sign of bad character. When I look at it, I've dealt with the same kind of people who were on food stamps and drive nice cars and keep their hair professionally done every week when I can't even afford a car - but I'm not poor enough to be on food stamps.
Don't get me wrong, I don't look for handouts. I'm for people actually being responsible for themselves and taking help when it's absolutely necessary. It's truly amazing. I also want to clarify, I don't begrudge anyone on foodstamps or who recieve some kind of help like that NOR do I think those people are ALL cheating the Gov't - but many are.
If anyone is interested you can read my personal blog at http://blog.myspace.com/rhemasjoy
and my space there with my profile and everything is at
http://www.myspace.com/rhemasjoy
Hope to meet some of you there! Thanks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home